Where is Watermans? Click Here
2021 Dates French Impressions
Sadly Covid has bitten again and Watermans will not be restoring full screenings of French Impressions until February
This is very disappointing I know for all of us.
We will however continue with an on-line French Impressions selecting films that will be shown at Watermans or available online.
- 22nd January at 2.30 By Zoom on line owing to Covid with the film Lola and The Sea. TRAILER
- 26th February – Gagarine – a really imaginative look at life in the suburban estates thirty years after La Haine. TRAILER
- 19th March La Mif – excellent look at life in a Children;s Homes and how it affects the children and staff. TRAILER
- 23rd April
0207 450 1889 or online booking
www.morleycollege.ac.uk for details
Current Film and Theatre – Starts again in January back in the classroom
One week the class watch on line or visit a film and the next week discuss it.
A chance to learn more about current trends and become your own critic!
“This class took me to films, play and even places I would never have been to by myself – really exciting.’
Held at Morley College itself. Book now for January 2022
The Cinema Museum – French Sundaes
2022 Dates! Watch this space….but the next season will be
- La Kermesse Héroïque (Carnival in Flanders) one of the great French films of the 30’s. A small town in 17th century Flanders anticipates the invasion of Spanish army. Resist or appease? Their cunning plan proves a surprise to everyone. Jacques Feyder’s award-winning comedy in a newly restored version. More about the film. With a look at the French popular cinema of the 30’s.
- Le Dernier Combat (The last battle), Luc Besson’s storming look at a dystopian post nuclear French landscape with tension, humour and all the traits that led him to become one of France’s most popular directors. Trailer here. We will be looking at the director Besson became as introduction.
- Un Homme et une femme (A man and a Woman) the quintessential French romance that won its maker, Claude Lelouch, an Oscar and had everyone humming Daaaa Daaaa Daaaa dadidadida daaa daaa daaa dadidadida Here’s a link if you don’t know what I’m talking about . Accompanied by a look at the work of Claude Lelouch.
- Swimming Pool François Ozon’s excellent thriller with Charlotte Rampling and Ludivine Sagnier. Something twisty and funny to finish off the season.