Jon DaviesI was made an Associate of the British Film Institute many years ago and am the tutor in French Cinema at Morley College, Waterloo, London. I run French Cinema classes there and at other arts centres in Britain. Listen to me explain the joys of French Cinema
To get my newsletter sign up here
- It contains: French films coming up on TV
- Lists of courses and events I am running
- Special events in London around French Cinema
- Recommendations and news .
Given the Coronavirus here is my video on how to continue enjoying French Cinema from home
To see my upcoming talks and events click here.This web site is intended for my students in London and those interested in learning more about the history of French Cinema. On these pages you will find
- A timetable of courses and screenings I run
- A directory of useful websites
- A page of French film clips to tempt you
- A French film quiz to test your skill (with the answers)
- A bibliography of mainly English language publications
- A list of useful shops (don't miss www.priceminister.fr for DVD bargains)
Suggestions are always welcome. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What people have said:
Jon was very entertaining and did a good job of bringing us into the discussion.
...a speaker whose knowledge was very impressive but who also really took an interest in his audience and blended his expertise with humour. Formidable
Excellent historical background
Great mixture of clips and conversation
Have increased my knowledge of French film and French culture
The most enjoyable course I have done in England
Interesting and thought provoking
Previously knowing nothing about the subject I now feel confident to discuss the evolution of French Cinema
Improved my cultural awareness and ability to interpret cinema
Thank you from both my partner and I for the delightful Sunday session that you gave to us recently on Renoir. We were both captivated and, time permitting, shall follow up some of the directions that you opened up to us.
Rated 'Grade one outstanding' in teaching observations.